Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wednesday...

So last night we had another good service. Our theme was about being thankful (of course it's Thanksgiving)...When students walked into the sanctuary everything was a mess...chairs overturned etc...Once everyone was seated I came out a gave a brief introduction which lead into a drama (Forgive Me by Group 1 Crew). I came back and talked about being thankful using the passage in Luke 17 about the 10 Lepers.

Overall I thought the message went good, at the end I challenged the students to try for the next week to find at least one person a day and thank them. I brought all the leaders to the front to thank them and then as the band prepared I told all the students to find at least 1 leader and thank them. It was awesome. The band then kicked off praise and worship and did a great job!

Overall...great night...I'm excited about what God is doing and going to continue to do here at Metro!

1 comment:

Jeremy Isaacs said...

Hey man,

What was the significance of the chairs being a mess in the sanctuary? I might have missed it, just wasn't sure. Sounds like a great night. Hope you're doing well!

Jeremy