Thursday, December 18, 2008

Wednesday Night Christmas Service

Okay so it's been a while since I have posted and things have been crazy but I am getting a start on my new year's resolution and begin to post more often!! Anyway, the last few weeks have been filled with church work, Christmas Parties, school work, family time, a conference in Nashville, a weekend away with Holly and more and more.

But let's start with last night. We had our Christmas Service last night at the Student Ministry. Blake came down and helped me set up our stage and made it feel more like home.

We played some awesome videos, a game (Christmas Wrap) and the praise team did an awesome job with some acapella numbers. We then read the Christmas Story, with the help of some students (thanks fox and sara). Followed that up with an amazing song by our worship leader CJ.




We followed that up by showing a year end video. Then I was about to wrap up the service before Jessica Lamb took the mic and presented me and Holly with an amazing gift for our family. I was blown away. The workers and students at Metro are awesome and I am so excited about what God is going to do in our Student Ministry next year!

Of course we couldn't end the night without having milk and cookies. Holly, my wife, baked about 200 cookies and they were great!! At least Kaden thought so...



Overall, it was a great night!

1 comment:

Sheril Brasher said...

looks like it was fun!!! Sad that i had to miss out!! tell everyone I said hello and Happy Holidays (not Merry Christmas because it will be past Christmas by the time you can tell anyone, except the office people, so tell them Merry Christmas for me!!!)