Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tough day in Student Ministry

Yesterday was a tough day for me in Student Ministry...Friday morning as I was preparing for a day out with the family I received a call from one of the workers that informed me a student had just lost her mother. It was an unexpected death. That was tough, but yesterday I attended the funeral and that was even tougher. It's like the reality of the moment really set in. It's at these moments when your faith is really put to the test.

This is the point where you want to ask God all the why questions...a seventeen year old girl and her nineteen year old brother are now without their mom...Why? In that moment there is nothing you can say...you just try and love them and care about them...and pray that God gives them strength.

My prayers go out to this family, I know God can and will do AMAZING things through this...it's just tough to see what that is right now...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Scott,

We will be praying for you, and this student of yours. I know that situation is very tough, and it's really hard to find the words to say to the students who just lost someone so dear to them. We enjoy reading your blogs, so we can keep up with you guys at metro.

Keith & Kelly Moody