Thursday, October 2, 2008

God is Amazing!!

Have you ever had to give a talk, preach a sermon etc...and it's just not coming together? That was me this week. Last week I thought was great...had it together, was prepared etc...This week was a different story.

On Monday of this week, through all the busyness, God spoke to me and changed my sermon. I had the other pretty much done, which is a great feeling, because there is a ton to do, but God wouldn't let me let go of the word he was giving me. Complacency...that was what God wanted me to speak on which was great, but I was on short time...Monday I didn't get a lot of time to work on it. Tuesday came and we had staff and ministry at Turning Point, which was great by the way, but still no work on the sermon. We had a meeting with some of our youth workers Tuesday Night so I was going home to do it then...Long story short Kaden had been running temp all day, we end up taking him to the after hour clinic and get him checked out...by the time we had the prescription filled at the pharmacy we got home at midnight!!
I grabbed an ice cream and Dr Pepper from a gas station and was determined to work on this sermon, which I did but ended up going to bed not really far into it.

Wednesday got here and I work all day on my sermon, it's not coming together...then it is...etc...Finally I feel like I have it.

I come downstairs and Bo is got the place set up looking awesome, CJ has the band kicking and I'm getting excited.

So, service starts with a crowd breaker, announcements...then it's time for worship...and man did CJ and the band ever tear it up!! They did awesome. Intro Video and then it's time to speak. Complacency, it's what God wanted me to share, so I'm going through my sermon and it's just not hittin home (with me or the students!) If you ever speak you understand these moments come...But as it goes on the Holy Spirit begins to speak through me in amazing ways and I see God start to speak to students.
Anyway not to drag it out but we had a great altar service and we had students give their heart to Christ. It was truly a God night and He is so Amazing to let me be apart of what He is doing here at Metro...Amazing things are coming!!!

1 comment:

will kiker said...

hey pastor scot this is will well maybe the t shirt will remind you anyways we all miss you alot and the new youth pastor is cool but anyways will you start messaging if you get a chance through email it's tryonkiker@yahoo.com but ok i hope everything is going well and have a great rest of the week

god bless you

will kiker