Thursday, October 16, 2008

Student Ministry

Last Night we had another good service. We flipped the order last night to change things up. After the countdown hit zero, the media team went straight into my sermon intro video. From there I came out and started my sermon. You could tell it took a few minutes for students to realize I was preaching my sermon and not leading into praise and worship. One side note, when we do this, I think it is better to just come out and start preaching like you normally would. Don't come out and say, tonight is going to be different, we are going to be doing different things...well duh, they know that. Anyway...soapbox...

At the end of my sermon (about turning our fear to faith) I gave the students a challenge, prayed and CJ came behind me with Worship...He, of course, did a great job and we had a great worship experience. We closed with announcements. Tyler from The Basement was there and came up and gave an announcement about their big Halloween service coming on the 28th. Then we closed by praying for one of our students (Nick) in the hospital. Overall it was a great night and I thought the change was good (it was needed).

No comments: