Saturday, August 16, 2008

Moving Pains-- No Internet

Hey everyone!

So inevitably with moving there comes those little things you take for granted. One of those I have discovered this week while staying at my sister’s house here in Birmingham is easy access to the Internet! I haven't had a chance to spend a lot of time online this week, but I did want to say sorry for the long delay (and I promise to do better next week). We will be "officially" starting at Metro Church of God tomorrow morning and will be having our first service as Youth Pastors this Wednesday! Thank you for your prayers as we begin this new endeavor in our lives! Keep checking back for updates and thoughts about our first week at Metro Church of God here in Birmingham.

Thanks for your patience!

3 comments:

Sheril Brasher said...

You don't know me but I just wanted to welcome you to Metro's Youth Group!! I am sure you will do a great job with them, but be careful, they are a handful and sometimes stubborn (but what teenager isn't) but they are an amazing group of kids and very dedicated group of adult volunteers!!! I am sad that I will not be able to welcome you in person but I am currently serving as a missionary in Ensenada Mexico but will be home for the mission's conference in a few more weeks.

I should have introduced myself, I am Sheril Brasher and I have been a member at Metro for the past 28 years. I grew up in the youth group under Kevin Kelley and worked very closely with your predecessor Micah Andrews. I was also the drama director for many years taking our group to Nationals a few times. Congrats on your recent Nationals experience!!! I am looking forward to hearing great things coming from my "family", the youth group!!!

Let me know if there is EVER ANYTHING I can do for you. I will try my best to be a part from so far away.

Sorry this is so long but I wanted to introduce myself. Hopefully, if you have time, we can sit an chat over some coffee or coke or whatever while I am home for the Mission's Conference in September. Ask Alan & Mary Rogers & Darrell Garrett for ANYTHING & EVERYTHING!! They will be your LIFELINE to the youth!!!!!! The kids may not trust you at first but they will respect you if Alan & Mary and Darrell are in your corner and I know they will be!!!!

Lots of love and prayers for your newest journey into the world of finicky teens in Birmingham!!!!

~ Sheril

A Parmer said...

Scott
I am Andy Parmer. My daughters Emily(17)and Elizabeth (15) are in the youth group , We have been patiently (well not really) waiting for a pastor and we are happy that you are here.

A Parmer said...

Scott
I am Andy Parmer. My daughters Emily(17)and Elizabeth (15) are in the youth group , We have been patiently (well not really) waiting for a pastor and we are happy that you are here.

by the way they are both awesome babysitters