Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wednesday Night Update

So last Wednesday was my first official service as Youth Pastor at Metro. Overall I thought it was great!! We showed a hilarious Kung Fu video at the start to get things going. Alan shared some interesting info. Trey Hardee who is competing in the Beijing Olympics in the Decatholon was a former middle school student of his HERE AT METRO!! How AWESOME is that? Also, don't forget En Fuego is this weekend for all middle and high school students interested in going.

Praise and Worship was INCREDIBLE. CJ got the band kickin' and man was worship good last night. I was blown away. Band you guys did awesome.

When I got up to speak, I introduced the fam (Holly and Kaden). That was cool. I spoke on transitions in our life and how God has called us to not remain stagnant but to keep moving forward. I thought it went okay, not my best, but it was good. We had a good response on the altar call which went great.

Alan closed and asked all the students to pray for me, Holly and Kaden which was great (we need it :) and then afterwards gave us a basket of all kinds of great snacks and things. Of course my favorite was the Aubie they gave Kaden that plays the fight song...War Eagle!! only 9 days away...

Overall the night was great, we are so excited and can't wait to see all God is going to do here!

Well that's about all for the update...I'll try to keep you caught up on what we are doing on Wednesday's as much as I can.

No comments: