Monday, August 11, 2008

The Shack

So on the plane ride home from San Antonio (after Kaden went to sleep...of course) I finished reading "The Shack".

Have you ever had a friend tell you how awesome a movie was? That you HAD to go and see it. Then when you go, it was good, but were expecting the BEST EVER...so you left a little let down. That is how I felt about this book. I had been hearing "rave" reviews about how awesome this book was so I was extremely excited to read it.

It was a good book, but I think I was "over pumped" about it revolutionizing my life, I was a little let down. I will say this...it is worth the read...and has some really good things to pull from it. The adminstrative pastor at The Torch did a really good message about expectations and expectancy (that I might have to creatively pilfer from him:).

So if you are looking for a good book to settle into...you may think about picking up The Shack...just don't be overzealous about it!

Up next for me is The Seven Practices of Effective Ministry (by Andy Stanley)

No comments: